Are you ready for Christmas? I’ve been so busy at work lately that this one has totally snuck up on me! Eek! As I was finishing up my Christmas shopping this weekend, I whipped up this stir fry Will had made a few days before. Different variations of tempeh stir-fry are my absolute favorite go-to vegetarian meals because they come together in a matter of minutes. I keep this one in my arsenal for weekends when I have a few veggies and a bit of extra tempeh to use up.
The South African Smoke Seasoning Blend I used in this version was a new one Will picked up a couple of weeks ago at Trader Joe’s. I have been loving the new flavor it’s added to our dishes all week! If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s around, you can make your own by mixing up a bit of smoked paprika, sea salt, garlic, and basil. Yum! It adds a lot of that umami flavor that you usually can’t get from plant based protein. Feel free to adjust the amount of seasoning you use too, depending on the strength. This one from Trader Joe’s is pretty potent, so it doesn’t take a lot to season the dish! For my non-vegan/vegetarian readers, feel free to sub ground turkey or beef for the tempeh.Print
A delicious vegan dish that comes together in minutes!
- 2 tablespoons South African Smoke Seasoning (from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3–4 kale leaves, chopped
- 4 oz. tempeh, crumbled
- 5–6 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt coconut oil in medium size saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Toss in mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown and soften.
- Add kale, tempeh, and seasoning.
- Stir and cook until kale is wilted and tempeh is lightly browned.
- Serving Size: 1