This buffalo tempeh wrap with homemade ranch is a super simple lunch option that packs a lot of flavor and plant-based protein.
I have been making these buffalo tempeh wraps on repeat lately for lunch at home because it is so good and you can whip it up in just a few minutes. They are one of my favorite easy vegan lunch ideas for work <– check out this post to see them all!
What is Tempeh?
Tempeh is a soy product that originated in Indonesia. It is made by taking whole soybeans, soaking them until softened, slightly cooking them, and then fermenting them so that they form a solid block. Tempeh has a mild, nutty flavor which works well in any number of savory dishes like these buffalo wraps. Check out my plant-based protein guide for more info about tempeh and other plant sources of protein!
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Wrap
- Tempeh: love the combination of tempeh and buffalo sauce together.
- Oil: Use any neutral oil to pan fry the tempeh to give it a little color.
- Buffalo Sauce: I used Frank’s red hot buffalo sauce which is vegan but you can also make your own by combining hot sauce and melted vegan butter.
- Carrot: love the pop of color shredded carrots add to this wrap.
- Pickled Red Onion: such a tasty addition to salads, sandwiches and wraps like this one. So simple to make (here’s how I make them!), I just keep a jar in my fridge.
- Lettuce: romaine, iceberg, butter lettuce all work well.
- Ranch Dressing: use your favorite storebought vegan ranch dressing or make your own. Here’s a link to my homemade vegan ranch dressing recipe!
- Spinach Wraps: use any flavor wrap that you like.
- Don’t like tempeh? Use crispy tofu or chickpeas instead.
- Switch up the veggies – other great options include thinly sliced purple cabbage, celery, avocado, and black olives.
- Want to make it gluten free? Double check that your tempeh doesn’t also include grains (some contain barley) and use a gluten-free wrap.
More Great Lunch Recipes
- Tempeh Wrap with Peanut Sauce
- Curry Chickpea Spread
- Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Lentil Salad
- Vegetarian Black Bean Sweet Potato Burrito
Buffalo Tempeh Wrap
For the Tempeh:
For the Wrap:
- 1 spinach wrap sub any wrap you prefer
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan ranch dressing
- Pickled red onion shredded carrot, lettuce
- Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes and then halve into triangle shaped pieces.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tempeh until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat and toss the tempeh in buffalo sauce.
- To assemble the wraps, add tempeh, veggies, and drizzle with ranch dressing and serve!