Two staples that you can almost always find in my fridge are tempeh and kale. They pair so well together! Plus, they make a quick and easy meal on nights when neither one of us feels like cooking. Over the past year, we have tried out several flavor combinations. The latest was this Italian version with marinated artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. I think it has become my favorite! It’s basically all of my favorite pizza toppings served together with healthy kale in a bowl rather than on a crust. Either way… it’s delicious.
If you aren’t familiar with tempeh, check out my vegetarian protein guide. This stir fry pairs well with quinoa or a side of roasted red skinned potatoes. Top with some grated parmesan cheese for even more deliciousness!Print
My favorite Italian pizza flavors in stir fry form! This kale dish is loaded with garlic, olives, and artichokes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups chopped, washed kale leaves
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2–3 quartered, marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Toss in the crumbled tempeh and cook 3-4 minutes or until it starts to lightly brown.
- Add the kale, bell pepper, and the last 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat with oil and cook 7-10 minutes until it begins to wilt and soften.
- Add the vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, artichokes, and olives. Stir well and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over quinoa, mashed potatoes, etc. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe