These protein packed buffalo tempeh salads are simple to make and endlessly versatile – great for using up whatever vegetables you have in the fridge!
These buffalo tempeh salads have quickly become a weekly dinner option for Will and I since summer started. Some days you just really can’t bring yourself to turn on the oven so these tempeh salads are the perfection solution. You also have to serve it with some ranch dressing since buffalo and ranch are a perfect match. The rest of the salad add-ins are totally up to you!
When I posted the photo of this salad on instagram, a lot of people mentioned that they had never used buffalo sauce on tempeh before and I was like “OMG – you have to try it!”. Tempeh is seriously like a sponge and just soaks up all that buffalo sauce. I think it would be a great way to introduce a newbie to tempeh since buffalo sauce is such a familiar ingredient and it pairs so well with the mild flavor of tempeh!
More Tempeh Recipes to Try
- Vegan Buffalo Tempeh Wrap
- Spicy Tempeh Stuffed Peppers
- Vegan Tempeh Nachos
- Teriyaki Tempeh and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Sticky Tempeh Bowl
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Buffalo Tempeh Salads
For the Salads
- Vegan ranch dressing
- Salad greens, cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, avocado, purple onion, radish
- Cut the tempeh into 1″ squares and then in half into a triangle shape. Carefully, half each piece again to create a 1/3″ triangle piece.
- In a non-stick skillet, add oil and sauté tempeh until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn off heat and pour on buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Assemble salads. Divide tempeh evenly between 2 salads.